Established in the summer of 2001 in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, Canyons is the result of many years in the making. Bart Conway, who opened the very popular Tumbleweed Restaurant in Boone and which later became Cottonwood Brewery, acquired The Emporium Restaurant in Blowing Rock to continue what has become a High Country tradition… casual fine dining in a unique atmosphere with a seemingly endless selection of cuisine. Before its eight-year span as The Emporium, the building was home to Holly’s Tavern, a well-established gathering place for friends to meet and enjoy a sandwich, a few beers, and an unparalleled view of the gorge and Grandfather Mountain. Canyons is the culmination of all these previous efforts. Join us for some eclectic cuisine, a few drinks, live entertainment, and enjoy our fantastic view.
All dishes are freshly prepared in house with the finest ingredients available. We regularly offer a variety of seasonally fresh items, so ask about our nightly specials in addition to our menu selections. If you have a special request, please let us know. We offer a diverse selection of domestic and imported wines and beers chosen to complement our menu. Our Mexican and Southwestern dishes are prepared with a varying degree of spice and heat. Please tell your server your preference.
- We serve lunch and dinner daily from 11am until…
- All items on our menu are available for dining in or to go.
- PLEASE CALL for reservations for parties of five or more. We always try, but cannot ever guarantee requested tables, window, or deck seating.
- We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express & Discover.
- 15% gratuity may be added to parties of five or more.
- A plate sharing charge of $2.00 includes an extra plate of either beans and rice or steak fries with a garnish.